Monday, January 28, 2008

Am I screwing up already?

I've only just recently returned to blogging and am only a few posts in, but I've already missed several days. I really want to be committed to this thing. I think it'll help me to feel a little more connected to the world once the twins get here and I'm trapped in this house with cabin fever, crying babies, wild hair, and a messy house.

But here's the thing, sometimes I'm either too tired or too overwhelmed by lists of things that need doing and OTHER TIMES I just don't feel like I have anything interesting to say. The comments are great, but I even think it's a little sad how much I look forward to the feedback, but I guess it's human to want that connection.

So my weekend? Not that exciting, but good. I had a bit of a rough day on Saturday. I'm just far enough into twin pregnancy-dom that there can be some awfully uncomfortable times. Saturday was like that. I was having a problem with gas (ugh, I hate even admitting that I could possibly have gas! LOL) trapped in my tummy, on top of that I was constipated (another lovely 3rd trimester trick nature pulls on some of us) and twin babies were squishing all of my internal organs while Braxton Hicks contractions intermittitently squeezed whatever the babies hadn't already pulverized. I was not a happy camper. Soaked in the tub, that didn't help. Tried to lay down -way too uncomfortable. I couldn't even sleep right for most of the night. Fortunately, by dawn's early light I finally began to feel normal. Unfortunately, I was exhausted and the alarm was ringing for me to drag my sorry butt to church.

Sunday was a whole bunch better. After church we did a very tiny grocery shopping trip, took hubby for a birthday lunch (robbed Peter to pay Paul for that one), and then came home, popped corn, and watched a DVD with the kids. I think one of my favorite things about that day was that hubby didn't spend most of it working on little projects. It seems like we rarely get to just sit a veg. And with Danny and Amy soon to make us a family of SIX, we probably won't have many more days like that for quite some time.

So, what'd you do with your weekend.

No comments: