Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long time no see?

So I needed to skip a couple of days over here. For one thing I was kind of tied up with lifes little necessities, and then yesterday was just really one hell of an upheaval that I'd rather not get into right now. Suffice it to say that my family is well, the twins are fine, and I am physically fine -even if I could use a little mental tune-up.

So I had a very nice lunch with a friend here at my house this afternoon and I really enjoyed it. I feel so relaxed and happy. I even skipped my nap today and still felt rested. That was a nice feeling. I rarely relax and with the twins fighting for space, I rarely feel rested.

My poor little guy is irritable w/ a runny nose and I'm just praying he's not getting sick. This crazy Florida weather, 80 one day, 50 the next.

I'm excited about the refund checks that should be coming in the mail in June. I wish they'd be a little bigger. I do know that our household economy definitely needs some stimulation. I'm not sure what that will do for our budget deficit, but what can ya do, eh? After 7 years with this buffoon in office, it's going to take this country a long time to recover.

AND? I so do not want ANY of these "candidates" to rule my country in the near future. I don't really feel as if I have a clear choice. Each of them, no matter the party, has an offensive stance (to me at least) on some major issue that's a deal breaker for me. I've gotta get to the polls any day now and it's not an exciting prospect.

2 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Where are you in Florida?

Lisa said...

About an hour from the West Coast.