Saturday, January 19, 2008

What makes me tick?

It sounds crazy, because I don't really love to do housework. But I LOVE to do the not everyday chores -cleaning out cupboards, wiping down all of the knick-knacks and candles on our shelves and mantels around the house, scrubbing the giant mirror over the fireplace (BTW, does anyone know why, no matter how much elbow grease and what cleaners I use, I cannot get the streaks off the mirror?), bleaching the grout, wiping down the walls, cleaning the outsides of our front and back doors. I feel such a huge (not normal) sense of pride and happiness. Sure I'm probably the only one who notices (or cares), but I really just feel all sparkly and precious when I get these things done.

AND... I have to walk around pointing these things out to hubby and kids. I guess that's what you get when you live in a house full of males. So, tell me.... What makes you all happy inside? I'd particularly like to know if it's something all quirky like that.

No comments: